Thursday, May 28, 2009

P:ano - The Den


Here is a beauty for all of ye. Known to me only because the Cool Jerk went to school with the brother of the girl who did the string arrangement for the band. No, this band is no longer alive. They're not dead, but living somewhere where we cannot find them, in the place where all bands go when they cease to exist: The internet. I guess the members are still probably making music of some sort, but that is beyond my own knowledge. Regardless, the Den is a masterful album. It manages to convey all the seasons of the year, starting with winter. My favourite recurring theme on the record: the constant female vocal harmony reminiscent of my dear Julie Doiron (whom I will post many a classic from in the future). 

If you dig makin' beautiful pop music BEWARE. This album just may influence the shit out of you. 

Gulliver


(click the Nun and you will have music)


1 comment:

The Confused Eclectic said...

Hey!! Dont forget Dublin! Its been a while but I still dig your site!!

Its turned me on to a lot of good stuff! Thanks for the great tunes!