Saturday, May 23, 2009

P J Harvey - To Bring You My Love


If only this music was known to my sixteen year old self, I would surly be a better person today. Some bad ass rock and roll to cool the soul. With rhymes! P J Harvey has a discography highly worth investigating. Although her fan base seems fairly massive, she still sits in relative obscurity in rural Canada, which is a terrible shame. Her songwriting is highly contagious. Her vocals are rocking. Jam on that shit!

Dig the title track's erie groove, with one of my favourite fade in's of the nineties [I tried to think of some other good one's, but all I could remember is Radiohead's Black Star (which was known to my sixteen year old self)]. And what? Even a synth string section? Hopefully, this will fulfill your grunge quota for the day.

Gulliver. 

Let the nuns guide you...                     







1 comment:

Joe C said...

this album is probabley in my time five albums of all time, sitting pretty at number 1.