Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Super Friendz - Mock Up, Scale Down


Holy Shit. I have fallen off the wagon.
Sorry kind fellows. I would try to pretend I had a good reason, but I just found a bunch of records I posted that I never published.
A bunch of classics from the Canadian 90's.
I feel like writing about this record, but if you're anything like me...you've been trying to get your hands on this shit since you were a preteen.
If you're not too familiar with the Friendz, I can introduce them to you.
Dave Marsh plays the drums. You may remember him from the Joel Plaskett Emergency or perhaps his own band, Dave Marsh and the True Love Rules. Dave Marsh likes Canadian Club and John Bonham.
Charles Austin plays the bass. He is a lovely man who you are likely to catch in sweatpants or a flannel shirt at any local rock and roll show. If you live in Halifax, go see his band...they're called The Lodge.
Drew Yamada plays the guitar and he is now a doctor. He also writes great songs about smoking cigarettes...
Matt Murphy plays the motherfucking guitar. Think Robbie Robertson meets Thurston Moore? Matt plays in a ton of cool bands. But I think he's a journalist now. Who lives in Toronto.
Anyway. The Superfriendz have been working on a new record for the last couple of years. Everytime I see a member of the Superfriendz, they tell me about how Matt just has to finish some vocal tracks, and that's been happening for the last two years...so...that may never come out. But if it does, I guess you can expect to find it here, right?
Stay out of trouble, music fans.
-Cool Jerk