Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Flashing Lights - Where The Change Is


Remember when I told you that Matt Murphy used to be in a bunch of killer bands?
The Flashing Lights truly stands to be his most fluid combo. I would argue that this is his best work. This record is unreal and only for fans of pop music. I say that because you probably won't be able to take "MGMT" off the bar radio and throw this on without getting assaulted by dicks in keffiyehs. I'm sure it's never a good time for me to rant, but that's what blogs are for right?
Losing independent music sucks. So much.
Boys and girls of Canada, your country is amazing. Get to know the kids playing in your cities. Let them know that it's spectacular that they're playing music.
Back to this record.
Do you like the Kinks? I really do.
I bet Matt Murphy does too.
You know what else Matt Murphy likes.
Tambourines.
and organs.
Peace.
-Kewl JRK.


No comments: